Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Monday, July 26, 2010

CLASSIC: "PRINCIPE ABANTE"

More than 30 years ago in a normal traditional Filipino family room sat a little girl wne someone so big and wide starts to occupy the couch where she's in the middle of. A loud wail of "apante! apante!" stopped the man mid-way to sitting down, turned and saw the girl pointing at him. He turned with a disbelief in in his face saying "sino nagtuturo sa batang ito?!" ("whose teaching this child?!"). He obviously was so surprised upon hearing the"apante" believing it to be "elepante" ("elephant"), thus my dad amended explaining that it is "Prinsipe Abante", the man's known TV series, that I was pertaining to. He added that I love watching that Tagalog fantasy series therefore have recognized him upon me seeing him.

My grandpop Prospero Luna, cousin to my maternal granddad, known to me more as Kuya Porping laughed and made a joke of himself about the incident.

Last I've seen Kuya Porping was 2 years ago when he visited from the US. He had migrated there years prior to be closer to his family and kids...but we never stopped remembering him and his movies that have started since the early 1960's.




0 comments:

FAVE READS

PERSONALLY DISCLOSING…

I am personally disclosing that this blog is written by me and only me; and all posts inclusive since 16 June 2009. Content is of personal opinion, view, belief and knowledge but ensures honesty and fairness. In the event that you have questions or reactions, as some topics may present conflict of interest, feel free to let me know by sending a message at jeniortizxv@gmail.com. As in other policies, “any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question”. This blog accepts different forms of compensation, like that of cash advertising, sponsorship or paid insertions; though may not always be revealed or visibly apparent.
 
ss_blog_claim=0c03722281101b57b8a4a57dbcea7a8a ss_blog_claim=0c03722281101b57b8a4a57dbcea7a8a