Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Friday, October 16, 2009

WARM GLOWING WORDS FROM A KID

“I wanted to be like you” has a great impact on me today…

· I put on my day dress and started my household chores for today while my little girl sleeps on. The minutes turned into hours, and finally at 9, I saw two little brown eyes peeking at me from the other side of my under-the-table gathering of dominoes that may have been kicked sometime last night. I stood up smiling and it broke into a wider grin when I saw a little lady in a day dress of her own all tangled around her obviously not worn the right way saying “pareho tayo naka-dress mom” (we’re both wearing dress mom”). Seems like she was up a awhile ago without me noticing.

· Lunch time ended up with the same concept when that same little girl asked to have her sippy cup replaced with her own plastic cup for a drink of “cold” water just like moms, “pareho tayo inom sa baso” (“we’re both drinking in glasses”) and sweetend with a dimpled smile and a demand for a toast for cheers of our glasses.

· It’s not the end of it mind you…because after nap time (which she did not take at all) I found a little foor propped up beside ine in our couch as I painted my toe nails. No words was said but the toes wiggling with her eyebrows…I hear her though loud and clear “ako din mom” (“me too mom!”)

This may seem common to kid her age to imitate a parent, but it always is heart warming if it is your own kid saying “i wanted to be just like you!”

2 comments:

MostlyFlumxdArt said...

Aaaw, I love that. My daughter told her grandmother she loves me because I packed a snack for her. Kids are just so sweet and adoring.

PropellerHeadMom said...

Kids are so cute. I am away from my boys right now (their grandparents are watching them). When I talk to them on Skype, they always tell me to come home now :-)

FAVE READS

PERSONALLY DISCLOSING…

I am personally disclosing that this blog is written by me and only me; and all posts inclusive since 16 June 2009. Content is of personal opinion, view, belief and knowledge but ensures honesty and fairness. In the event that you have questions or reactions, as some topics may present conflict of interest, feel free to let me know by sending a message at jeniortizxv@gmail.com. As in other policies, “any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question”. This blog accepts different forms of compensation, like that of cash advertising, sponsorship or paid insertions; though may not always be revealed or visibly apparent.
 
ss_blog_claim=0c03722281101b57b8a4a57dbcea7a8a ss_blog_claim=0c03722281101b57b8a4a57dbcea7a8a